Intake and Housing Outreach Specialist
The Intake and Housing Outreach Specialist is responsible for interviewing and assessing the housing needs of clients seeking assistance with housing related issues; advocating on behalf of clients needing housing, and ensuring the successful implementation of the emergency assistance program. The Intake and Housing Outreach Specialist will travel daily to partner agencies to complete assessments. A full time caseload is conducting at least 20 intakes per week, with all follow-up being completed for each intake conducted.
- Interviews, assesses and assists homeless and at-risk clients who are seeking housing related assistance
- Works with clients receiving emergency financial assistance to ensure the intervention assists them in becoming more financially stable
- Assists with preparation of applications for housing
- Advocates on behalf of clients needing housing
- Travels to partnering agencies to perform client intakes
- Maintains active and helpful relationship with agency and non-agency case managers
- Maintains client information and records in a confidential manner
- Prepares requests for financial assistance for Short-Term Rent Mortgage and Utility Assistance (STRMU), First Month’s Rent, etc.
- Prepares applications for both inter-agency referrals and other community referrals
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless and at-risk individuals living with HIV/AIDS
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or similar human services field. Ten years of professional direct service experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Good communication and record keeping skills
- Ability to work with clients who may present challenging behaviors
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS, its impact on homelessness, substance use and mental illness, as well as knowledge of addiction treatment.
- Experience working with transgender clients preferred
- Knowledge of City, State, and Federal entitlement systems
- Excellent computer skills, including using MS Office products
- Valid Georgia driver’s License and reliable transportation