The AIDS Walk is so much more than a fundraiser, a nice walk, or just an Atlanta tradition. The AIDS Walk is a shout of hope to Georgia. Every single person who walks, volunteers, gives, or asks for support amplifies our belief that: Together, we can end HIV and homelessness.
It’s that simple: I walk in the AIDS Walk because I believe when people work together, we can accomplish the otherwise impossible.
- Myriads of small actions can significantly improve the lives of people living with HIV.
- Housing connects people with doctors. Support offers hope to people who need it.
- A good story about HIV or homelessness can teach or motivate one person to action.
- Even the smallest gift provides something necessary for this work: one night in a bed can save a life.
- Together we CAN End HIV. Ending Homelessness is a vital part of that work.
Do you want to live in a world where any person living with HIV has a home to live in and access to doctors? I do, and I believe that together, we can make it real. Health and hope are possible when people start with secure homes. When you walk in the AIDS Walk with Living Room, you do so much more than raise money for a few nights in an emergency bed. Your presence on Peachtree Street and in Piedmont Park calls our leaders to action and support for Ryan White care and expanded testing in all communities. When you post to social media, your friends learn about the urgency of care, testing, and housing for people with HIV.
When you give, you proclaim that every single human being deserves an opportunity for housing, health and hope.
If you have met me, you know that I am loud, hopeful, and determined. You do not have to be any of those things to walk or ask friends to support you. In fact, you do not have to be able to walk to participate! All you have to do is go online to AIDSWalkAtlanta.com and register to Join Team Living Room. Then share your page with friends and family to encourage them to give and join in.
Director of Development
Join Our Team or Donate